Ming Tang et.al. (2011). "Restraint of angiogenesis by zinc finger transcription factor CTCF-dependent chromatin insulation" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.108(37):15231-15236.
- B.S. in Biotechnology, Shanghai JiaoTong University, China, 2008
- Ph.D in Cancer Genetics and Genomics, University of Florida, USA, 2014
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Genomic Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA, current
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
Certified Instructor, Software Carpentry, Data Carpentry, USA
Trusted member, BioStar online bioinformatics forum
Member of Society of Neuro-Oncology (SNO)
- 2017 Software/Data carpentry instructor training in Data Intensive Biology Summer Research Institute, University of California, Davis
- 2017 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting, Chicago. Histology determination of lung cancers: A report on genomic profiling of lung cancer of mixing histology. Poster presentation. (Only 30% of more than 6000 abstracts accepted)
- 2016 Data Manipulation in R with dplyr certificate. Data Camp.
- 2015 Johns Hopkins University online Data science specification certificate, Coursera
- 2015 Summer Institutes in Statistics for Big Data Scholarship, University of Washington
- 2015 Instructor of Shell and R at the 2-day software carpentry workshop held in the University of Miami, Software Carpentry, USA
- 2015 MIT Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python online course certificate, edX
- 2015 Harvard PH525X Data Analysis for Genomics edX online course Bioconductor & ChIPseq certificate, edX
- 2014 Michigan State University Next Generation Sequencing course certificate, Michigan State University, USA
- 2014 Teaching Assistant at Data Carpentry 2-day workshop held by iDigBio, Software Carpentry, University of Florida, USA
- 2014 Invited lecture on ChIP-seq GSM6232 Advanced Application of Bioinformatics,University of Florida, USA
- 2013 Genetics & Genomics program Travel Grant, University of Florida, USA
- 2013 Keystone Symposia: Epigenetic Marks and Cancer Drugs. Santa Fe, New Mexcio,USA. Poster presentation: The MBT domain protein SFMBT1 is an integral chromatinreader component of the LSD1 demethylase complex for epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition.
- 2012 Outstanding International Student, University of Florida, USA
- 2012 4th SOUTHEAST STEM CELL CONSORTIUM WORKSHOP. Turnbull Conference Center. Florida State University, Tallahasee, Florida, USA. Poster presentation: Requirement of SFMBT1 to repress E-cadherin expression by Snai1.
- 2010 Proficient English speaking certificate from International Friendship, International Friendship, USA
- 2007 National Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- 2007 National Stipend for Academic Excellence, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- 2006 People’s Scholarship, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- 2005 National Environmental Protection Conference Excellent Volunteer Award, National environmental protection administration, China
JianrongLu, Ming Tang. (2012). "CTCF-dependent chromatin insulator as a built-in attenuator of angiogenesis" Transcription.3(2)73:77.
The malignant brain tumor (MBT) domain protein SFMBT1 is an integral histone reader subunit of the LSD1 demethylase complex for chromatin association and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition
Ming Tang et.al. (2013). "The malignant brain tumor (MBT) domain protein SFMBT1 is an integral histone reader subunit of the LSD1 demethylase complex for chromatin association and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition" Journal of Biological Chemistry.288(38):27680-27691.
Genomic and proteomic analysis of transcription factor TFII-I reveals insight into the response to cellular stress
Alex Xiucheng Fan,..., Ming Tang et.al. (2014). "Genomic and proteomic analysis of transcription factor TFII-I reveals insight into the response to cellular stress" Nucleic acids research. gku467.
Lingbao Ai,..., Ming Tang et.al. (2014). "TRIM29 suppresses TWIST1 and invasive breast cancer behavior" Cancer research.74(17):4875-4887.
Ming Tang, Roel GW Verhaak. (2016). "A Molecular Take on Malignant Rhabdoid Tumors" Trends in Cancer.2(5):217-218.
Huacheng Luo,..., Ming Tang et.al. (2016) "MOF acetylates the histone demethylase LSD1 to suppress epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition" Cell reports.15(12):2665-2678.
Anitha K shenoy,...,Ming Tang et.al. (2016). "Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition confers pericyte properties on cancer cells" The Journal of Clinical Investigation.126(11):4174-4186.
Suppression of type I IFN signaling in tumors mediates resistance to anti-PD-1 treatment that can be overcome by radiotherapy
Xiaohong Wang,...,Ming Tang et.al. (2017). "Suppression of type I IFN signaling in tumors mediates resistance to anti-PD-1 treatment that can be overcome by radiotherapy" Cancer Research. 77(4):839-850.
Di Zhao,...,Ming Tang et.al. (2017). "Synthetic essentiality of chromatin remodelling factor CHD1 in PTEN-deficient cancer" Nature. 542(7642):484-488.
Floris P Barthel, Wei Wei, Ming Tang et.al. (2017). "Systematic analysis of telomere length and somatic alterations in 31 cancer types" Nature Genetics. 49(3):349-357.
A.Gordon Robertson,...,Ming Tang et.al. (2017). "Integrative Analysis Identifies Four Molecular and Clinical Subsets in Uveal Melanoma" Cancer Cell. 23(2):204-220.
Xin Hu, Qianghu Wang, Ming Tang et.al. (2018). "TumorFusions: an integrative resource for cancer-associated transcript fusions" Nucleic acids research. Volume 46, Issue D1, 4 January 2018, Pages D1144–D1149.
Talk at UC San Francisco, Department of Testing, San Francisco, California
Tutorial at UC-Berkeley Institute for Testing Science, Berkeley CA, USA
Talk at London School of Testing, London, UK
Conference proceedings talk at Testing Institute of America 2014 Annual Conference, Los Angeles, CA